Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Free Orange Broadband about to start charging... Is there a pay as you go option?

(4 Posts)

Brilliant - thanks for advice. Dh has just left, so I'm also trying not to over commit on direct debits.

I know if I call sky/bt I'm likely to cave and agree to some TV/broadband bundle!

I should just try and look for stand alone broadband prices - forget about the possible move...

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 10-Oct-12 13:59:49

With Vodaphone you buy usage as you need it, I am currently still using the 1Gb I bought two years ago as I only use it when I am at conferences to download e-mails.

Rockchick1984 Wed 10-Oct-12 10:19:50

I used to have O2 PAYG broadband. It was £15 per month, and for that I got a max of 2Gb of data. After 30 days any remaining data expired, and I would have to top up again if I wanted to use the Internet. If I ran out I had to pay another £15 which then started another 30 day cycle. In all honesty, it was a rip-off, I only had it due to trying to limit direct debits temporarily while adapting to losing a salary (became a SAHM).

In all honesty, I'd find the best priced broadband and call them, ask how much it would be to take it with you when you move. If it guarantees them a sale they are likely to agree in advance to waive any fees (just make sure you get the details of anyone who promises things like that).

I might have to move house in February, so I'm reluctant to sign up for a contract at the moment.

I have tried to google PAYG broadband, but I'm a bit out of my depth.

I suppose whatever I sign up for could move with me.

Any thoughts much appreciated. (I don't pay for TV, and my home phone is with a random company called PRIMUS for £10pcm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now