Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Free Orange Broadband about to start charging... Is there a pay as you go option?

(4 Posts)

I might have to move house in February, so I'm reluctant to sign up for a contract at the moment.

I have tried to google PAYG broadband, but I'm a bit out of my depth.

I suppose whatever I sign up for could move with me.

Any thoughts much appreciated. (I don't pay for TV, and my home phone is with a random company called PRIMUS for £10pcm)

Rockchick1984 Wed 10-Oct-12 10:19:50

I used to have O2 PAYG broadband. It was £15 per month, and for that I got a max of 2Gb of data. After 30 days any remaining data expired, and I would have to top up again if I wanted to use the Internet. If I ran out I had to pay another £15 which then started another 30 day cycle. In all honesty, it was a rip-off, I only had it due to trying to limit direct debits temporarily while adapting to losing a salary (became a SAHM).

In all honesty, I'd find the best priced broadband and call them, ask how much it would be to take it with you when you move. If it guarantees them a sale they are likely to agree in advance to waive any fees (just make sure you get the details of anyone who promises things like that).

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 10-Oct-12 13:59:49

With Vodaphone you buy usage as you need it, I am currently still using the 1Gb I bought two years ago as I only use it when I am at conferences to download e-mails.

Brilliant - thanks for advice. Dh has just left, so I'm also trying not to over commit on direct debits.

I know if I call sky/bt I'm likely to cave and agree to some TV/broadband bundle!

I should just try and look for stand alone broadband prices - forget about the possible move...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now