Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit application form, how long to receive it ?

(7 Posts)
GinaG74 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:36:31

Hello everyone, new mum here smile

For the past month, i have been trying to get an application form to apply for Working Tax credit and Child Tax credit.

I phoned the Tax credit helpline ( 03453003900) twice, they took my N.I number and other details and they told me that i should receive my form through the post withing 2 weeks.

Its been a month now and after 2 phone calls still nothing arrived. I am just puzzled why is taking so long :/

Has anybody else experienced this delay in receiving their application form ?

Is there any other place where i can get the form from, maybe my local Citizen Advise Bureau or at Jobcentre ?

Thanks in advance for your replies smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 10-Oct-12 07:18:01

Keep badgering them for the form. Phone daily until they get fed up with you calling. Is there nowhere online you can download a form?

GinaG74 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:28:35

Seems now the only way to get an application form is by calling their helpline. Reading all the terrible stories from other people here and on other forums i am really worried now and wonder if i am ever going to get one. I never thought would be so difficult, as when i applied for maternity allowance and child benefits all went through pretty quickly. Tomorrow i am off to the Citizen advise bureau first, then at Jobcentre and see if they can help sad

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 10-Oct-12 17:43:27
GinaG74 Wed 17-Oct-12 12:32:52

Cogito thank you for the links.

I have been to my local CAB and they said the same, nothing they can do, only way to get a form is to call the damn "helpline".

I called them again this morning, as still no form received after nearly 1 month and 3 phone calls. No joy, they havent got a clue, the woman on the phone blamed Royal Mail hmm.

I am gonna write a complain letter to their Office and then if still nothing get sorted i will be contacting my local MP. This is getting beyond ridiculous :/

Loupee Wed 17-Oct-12 12:36:58

I've also been waiting over a month for my tax credits form sad
They sure dont make it easy!

GinaG74 Thu 18-Oct-12 18:05:13

I know the feeling Loupee, i have a baby to look after and dont need more stress for an application form. They cannot even give a reason why is taking so long. Tomorrow i am gonna try the HMRC Enquiry Centre in my area and see what they got to say about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now