Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

A credit card with decent customer service? Boring question alert

(7 Posts)
drjohnsonscat Mon 08-Oct-12 09:56:30

I need a new credit card - I have an MBNA card and their customer service is dreadful (15 minute wait to talk to someone, awful voice recognition system, couldn't care less attitude). So I'm going to cancel my MBNA card but I need another one. The rates don't matter because I usually pay in full. All I really want is one with decent customer service. I actually have an Amex already (though work) and they are excellent but there are so many places that don't take Amex you can't rely on them. Any suggestions?

Brycie Mon 08-Oct-12 09:58:48

John Lewis mastercard. Superb.

Brycie Mon 08-Oct-12 10:00:08

It's called a partnership card. every now and then you get jl vouchers through the post £15 here and there. It's lovely and they are fabulous on the phone. Always get through to someone pretty quickly, will delay a late payment charge if you phone up and say you've just done it. Really nice folk.

drjohnsonscat Mon 08-Oct-12 10:03:12

That's perfect. And also what I was hoping the answer would be. <middle england>

Thanks!

I have M&S credit card, and have been v happy with the minimal amount of customer service I have needed. I normally go online to check acc and stuff, but when I did need to speak to them one time, they were great. Sounds similar to JL card in that I get vouchers for M&S too.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 08-Oct-12 11:59:40

I have a Nectar credit card, stack up squillions of points, manage it online and can't tell you anything at all about their customer services team because I've never had to use it. smile

It depends if you pay the minimum or the full balance every month. If the latter, the M&S one is good and the website useful, generous vouchers and extra points offers (I haven't paid for our underwear for years). I've now got an Amazon one through Bank of America - great customer service via their website and I'm getting about £10 a month in Amazon vouchers which I spend buying on books for my kindle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now