Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Miss Selfridge storecard - which ppi?

(4 Posts)

IIRC it was GE Capital, which is now Santander.

The problem with store cards is that it wasn't the bank who missold you the PPI, it was the store. Therefore it's harder to get a payout.

Santander are also notoriously arsey when it comes to PPI so your chances aren't good tbh.

tanfastic Mon 08-Oct-12 01:56:55

About twelve years. Yes I've heard that but If it's just the cost of a stamp I might as well make the enquiry and see what they say.

Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Oct-12 22:21:06

How long ago did you cancel the card? If it was more than 6 years ago you are unlikely to make a successful claim, particularly as you have no paperwork for it any more.

tanfastic Sun 07-Oct-12 20:27:59

This is probably a longshot but I believe I was missold ppi with my card but it was about 14/15 years ago when I was young and gullible and didn't know what I was paying for. Trouble is I have no paperwork and I can't remember the name of the PPI company.

Did anyone have one and can remember the PPI company. May be the same as all the Burton Group cards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now