Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Updating buildings insurance cover.

(3 Posts)
nothernexposure Fri 05-Oct-12 22:34:16

Thanks, I've used the calculator and the figure looks pretty similar to the last survey. It's a pretty bog standard house so hopefully we're sorted.

calculator

The Association of British Insurers offers this calculator but it costs money to use it.

FYI: If your house isn't made of brick/concrete, has design 'features', more than 2 stories or is particularly large/luxurious then you're probably best asking a surveyor to do it as the normal price indicators won't apply.

nothernexposure Thu 04-Oct-12 11:55:02

Not sure whether this should be in money or property section so apologies if wrong. Is there a fancy website or calculator somewhere to work out what the current rebuild costs are from an older building survey? I need to redo the buildings insurance but want to make sure I've got an accurate ish rebuild estimate.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now