Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Housing Benefit

(2 Posts)
TirednessKills Mon 01-Oct-12 18:57:33

They should give you proportionately more HB. I'd advise a shared tenancy otherwise you'll be subletting and it will become complicated and there is a potential for actual or accidental fraud.

HelenPapa Mon 01-Oct-12 18:51:49

Hi everyone. Here is my situation:
I will be moving to a new house in a couple of weeks in Orpington and I need help deciding how the contract will be in order for me to get the maximum Housing Benefit I'm entittled to.
I am a single parent and I'm entittled to the 2 bedroom rate (which is 824.98/month) but i will be living with my sister (20 years old - working part time).
We found a 3 bedroom house and i'm wondering, should both of our names be on the tenancy agreement or only mine? If both of our names are on, will they give me only half of the rent or they will still concider the fact that i'm entitled to 2 bedrooms? (1 for me and 1 for my 2 young boys)
Anyone knows?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now