Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Quasi Cash in relation to credit card - can anyone explain in simple terms

(3 Posts)
PogoBob Thu 27-Sep-12 22:53:56

Paid the estate agent some money on Monday on my credit card, figured they would be processing it as a normal credit card charge.

Checking my online statement just now and they seem to have put it through as a 'quasi cash' transaction meaning I've been charged a £15 cash advance fee.

Seriously tamping as money is very tight and at no point did they say anything about the payment being processed in this way.

Anyone able to shed any light before I phone up the agents in the morning to play merry hell!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Sep-12 06:45:53

Do they mean it's been processed as a cash withdrawal rather than the procurement of goods and services?

PogoBob Fri 28-Sep-12 15:49:50

I think that must be the case cognito, going to phone the credit card company and find out what is going on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now