Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Tax Credits

(3 Posts)
HappySunflower Tue 25-Sep-12 11:30:41

Quick question, which I am hoping somebody can help me with as a google search has proved fruitless.

When applying for Child/Childcare Tax Credits, do I count the 3 year old Early Years funding, and take it off my childcare bill for them to work out my payments?

I am very confused!

Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:43:14

You only include childcare that you are paying for, eg if your 3 year old is in nursery 30 hours a week but you are getting 15 hours a week term time funding you would declare 15 hours to CTC. The 15 hours funding averages at 10 hours a week, so if declaring for the full year you would declare 20 hours a week smile

HappySunflower Tue 25-Sep-12 20:20:45

That's really helpful and exactly what I needed to know- thanks so much, Rockchick! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now