Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mum and baby . Net caller offering me financial advice

(12 Posts)
interhorse Tue 14-Aug-12 22:50:28

I got a call offering me free financial advice. The all was from mum and baby .net. I am quite sceptical however the idea of free financial advice is tempting.has anyone heard from them ?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure somebody is trying to scam you.

Free financial advice? From a stranger who called you unsolicited?

You are willing to give away personal information about your financial situation and your life to a stranger who calls you out of the blue? Maybe even your name and address, bank details? Salary and debt information?

There is NO SUCH THING AS FREE ADVICE. Never. Ever.

interhorse Tue 14-Aug-12 23:05:57

The speech I got was that this was a trial interview for a bigger rollout service.
Would anyone else agree to this ?

Devora Tue 14-Aug-12 23:07:07

No I wouldn't!

interhorse Tue 14-Aug-12 23:13:41

Thanks for the advice,I know your right,there is nothing free in this world. I am going t cancel it.
If anyone else hears from them it is dips financial services called from mum and baby online.
Keep the faith

Just checked out their website. The whole thing seem very dubious.

So, let me get this straight. You register with them, and they register YOU with other clubs, websites, etc, ie pass on your details to a lot of other companies that you might not even know about? You know, companies pay for information like this, so you have actually given your personal details away to a company who sell it on to whomever they want to? So anybody can just call you out of the blue to offer "services"?

How strange.

Morph2 Fri 17-Aug-12 23:08:39

i got a similar calls just after DS was born a couple of years ago. Not sure if the contact details had come from bounty or somewhere else i'd gotten free gifts off. I told them a work for a company that has its own FS department so use them but they still rang a couple of times.

It is not necessarily a scam they may be offering 'free' financial advice as there is alot of money to be made by them on commission on anything they sell you.

andex85 Tue 25-Sep-12 22:19:41

Hi.
I had the same call few months ago. I was a bit dubious at first but I looked into it and gave it a go. Ended up saving about £100 over the month on a few diff things they were doing. Bloke that dealt with me was really nice and I didn't pay for it.
Good to be cautious but as it was mum and baby seemed legit as I'd signed up with them for free stuff. Worked for me anyhow just thought I'd say as not all things are scams x

suburbophobe Tue 25-Sep-12 22:24:56

No No No!

Don't fall for it! unsolicited advice, financial, mum and baby... sounds very dubious....

Would you really reveal your finances to a stranger who cold-called you?

Better to ask what he wants in a situation like that, and then hang up.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Sep-12 08:37:37

I'm with everyone else saying 'don't do it'. Reputable companies don't tout for business via cold calls any more. If you want to cut down the number of these calls you get, register yourself with Telephone Preference Service link here and save yourself a lot of bother.

mynameisrach Wed 26-Sep-12 12:03:20

I've actually used the service as well, they saved me money on my mortgage! I was chuffed!
My partner wasn't too keen but when we actually spoke to them they proved they were governed and the guy I spoke to seemed genuine.

I get that people are nervous and don't like cold callers but at the end of the day it's just a free service. Helped me out anyway.

SayYesToLife Wed 28-May-14 21:43:52

Just to let those who are skeptical know,
Mumandbaby are not scammers, the financial advice is free and they do help those to save alot of money.

If a company asks for your bank details over the phone then be concerned but until then theres no need to be paranoid.
hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now