Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI- can you recommend a company?

(62 Posts)
LynetteScavo Tue 14-Aug-12 10:02:06

I've put off doing this because it all sounds so confusing.

There are so many companies offering their services, I don't know where to start.

Please don't suggest doing it myself, as it's just too much for me atm.

tlouy7 Thu 24-Apr-14 16:08:37

So who can we use that will not rip us off thanks louise

Rockchick1984 Fri 25-Apr-14 09:19:03

You don't need a company, they will all rip you off. I just went onto my bank's website and found a phone number for PPI complaints. They did it all over the phone for me, took about 15 mins total.

superjeah Thu 15-May-14 09:58:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

superjeah Thu 15-May-14 10:05:15

yeah or you can go directly from the bank - but they have mis sold you the insurance in the first place. would you really trust them to put in a claim for you? They all have the power to reject your claim just like what they did to my mom. They just offered her 67pounds for a 5 grand loan.

PatriciaHolm Thu 15-May-14 11:53:09

No claims company has any more power to reclaim PPI than you do. All they do is fill in the forms for you and skim an exorbitant fee. Ignore the thinly veiled ads and do it yourselves - lots of help here and on moneysupermarket.

Ronnie231 Mon 26-May-14 13:16:11

Hi, please email me at ronnie@refundppiclaims.co.uk I can take this on for you

Ronnie231 Mon 26-May-14 13:17:10

Hi, please email me at ronnie@refundppiclaims.co.uk I can take this on for you

Ronnie231 Mon 26-May-14 13:18:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mrscpurple Sun 26-Oct-14 07:21:35

How can I find a list of all the cards, loans etc I have paid ppi on. Happy to do claim myself but don't know where to start finding who I may have to contact. I would like an easy check back of companies I have had ppi with. There are accounts I had maybe 17 years ago to current and have no idea of how many/who/ account numbers Rex. Bad I know but would like to get all I'm due for

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 26-Oct-14 14:46:00

If you apply to experian for a £2 paper copy of your credit record that would have a lot of the info on.

You don't need account numbers. You'd need to write to all of them seperately.

Mrscpurple Tue 28-Oct-14 09:22:50

Thanks. And what reason is general enough but also high success? Something like " I didn't understand" or " wasn't explained properly"

AlpacaLypse Tue 28-Oct-14 09:31:15

Yes, 'wasn't explained properly' will do.

I was either a stay at home mother or self employed when both of mine were missold to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now