Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Q&A on Life Insurance with Bonnie Burns from Legal & General - ANSWERS BACK

(32 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-May-11 11:16:46

We're inviting you to send in your questions to Bonnie Burns, Product Development Director from Legal & General who is happy to answer your questions on all aspects of protection insurance, as well as wider concerns about financial planning for the future.

A recent survey conducted by Legal & General found the salary the average mum would earn if she was given a wage for the unpaid work she does around the home, including childcare, is £30,032 and if a dad was to be paid for the same work, it would cost £21,306. The same report showed that over 50% of parents are unsure of the financial support available from the Government if anything happened to them or their partner or in the event of a critical or terminal illness.

Bonnie is happy to answer questions on insurance policies available, who needs them and how they work. If you already have a policy in place but aren't sure whether it's still going to work for you, then feel free to send in your questions to Bonnie before midday on Tuesday 31st May and we'll link through to her answers from this thread the following week.

Anteater Fri 17-Jun-11 01:34:50

It is a sad time that MN is now engaging in debate/advertising/promotion with an insurance company.

I can not afford the rates MN charge to advertise my small business.

What a shame.

FancyALittle Fri 17-Jun-11 17:57:59

To the person whose husband had cancer as a teen - my husband had cancer last year (just had 18 month all clear) and we have managed to get life insurance with no extra charge.

We went to an Independent Financial Advisor who put in three applications on our behalf. All would cover him, one with an astronomical charge per month, one with an unmanageable charge per month, and finally Zurich with the same rate someone who hadn't had cancer would have.

Because the IFA receives commission from the insurance company, there was no charge to us for this service. Of course, we now adore them and are taking all our business to there!

Definitely seek out recommendations for a good IFA you can trust because they are very good at finding solutions to your particular needs.

xiaojree Sat 18-Jun-11 13:26:43

Message deleted

xiaojdd Sun 19-Jun-11 01:31:28

Message deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

xiaojwww Mon 20-Jun-11 02:52:18

Message deleted

HarrietJones Mon 20-Jun-11 10:19:21

Her answer didn't answer my question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now