Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child tax credits, P60 and childcare voucher help please!

(5 Posts)
reddaisy Wed 18-May-11 22:47:16

I am trying to fill in the renewal form and it has asked for my total pay before tax and NI.

On my P60 the box with total pay before tax and NI is considerably less than my salary. I think it could be my total income AFTER the childcare vouchers are deducted every month - is this right/usual? Should I put this figure or my annual salary figure in the box on the renewal form?

My head is spinning!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 19-May-11 07:32:34

Do you still have your March/April payslip? The 'gross pay to date' figure on the last payslip of the financial year usually matches the gross pay amount on your P60. Worth getting clarity from your payroll department if there is a difference between the two.

McPie Thu 19-May-11 17:50:37

DH is in a salary sacrifice scheme with his work for laundry and meals and we dont have his P60 yet, when I tried to do my renewal over the phone she said that they need the higher figure, which we could only get from the P60, which is total earnings before sacrifice deductions, and the lower figure, which is also on his last pay slip, which is earnings after sacrifice deductions. I do know that last year they used the figure on his pay slip so hope they do the same this year.
Not sure if my ramblings will help you, if not just give them a phone and they will be able to tell you why they need both figures.

reddaisy Thu 19-May-11 18:11:56

Thanks McPie and Cogito, I do have my March/April payslip but it doesn't have a "gross pay to date" section.

And my P60 only has the lower figure.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 20-May-11 09:58:41

Nothing to indicate cumulative pay received at all? Do ask your payroll team in that case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now