Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I'm an agency worker, have a question about temp to perm fees

(1 Post)
carr0t Tue 22-Nov-16 20:18:37

I work for a care agency. At the moment I have regular clients that I go back to each week but I'm not tied into working for them or my agency contractually, in that I can take time off whenever I want (I don't do this!!)and leave with only a weeks' notice. One of my clients has suggested I work for them directly rather than through the agency.

From what I can make out from gov.uk, so long as this client stops employing anyone through the agency and leaves it at least 8 weeks I can then work for this client without the agency charging a temp to perm fee. But the client has signed a contract which gives a longer tie-in period and and which states the agency can force them to sign a considerable fee if the client does take me on as a private permanent employee even after 8 weeks.

Which is correct, is the 8 week break set in stone or can the agency make it longer, so make it more difficult for a hirer to take someone on permanently? I don't want to upset my agency as they've been good to me over the years and I want to carry on working for them but also feel a loyalty to the client. The client is leaving the agency whatever the case, so I know I'm not 'poaching' the client. They're both offering roughly the same pay but with different advantages.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now