Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Helllppp plz

(13 Posts)
mee16 Tue 22-Nov-16 18:47:53

I'm really worried. Just had a social worker come to see me and told me that they are going to have a child protection conference .. I'm really scared and worried about it. Don't know what to expect and what will happen. Iv been told my ex will be there too.. plz can anyone help with advice / experiences

wellcoveredsparerib Wed 23-Nov-16 07:14:24

The social worker should have told you why they are so worried about your children that they have decided to have a child protection conference. What has happened to get SS involved with your family.

babybarrister Thu 24-Nov-16 10:12:51

have a look on the resolution website for a list of solicitors - find one offering legal aid for "care" or "public law" cases as you are entitled to legal aid in these circumstances

good luck

mee16 Fri 25-Nov-16 09:09:19

They it them on cp coz little one disclosed something about her dad. But they are making it as I'm emotionally damaging her rather than seeing wat he might be doing.

wellcoveredsparerib Fri 25-Nov-16 17:54:22

Ok, so do Social services believe you have falsely accused your ex?

mee16 Fri 25-Nov-16 18:12:59

I didn't falsely accuse him. Little one told school and they made a referral .

wellcoveredsparerib Sat 26-Nov-16 13:58:26

What did your child say at school?

No one on Mumsnet can predict the decision that will be made at conference but SS must feel they have evidence that your child has been or is at risk of "significant harm ". Don't be frightened to talk to the social worker and ask questions. If at the conference they decide a child protection plan should be made, SS will want to work With you to make things safer for your dc. Don't treat them as an enemy and take what support is offered.
Good luck.

mee16 Sat 26-Nov-16 14:54:56

She said her dad smacked her. But after them speaking to her they said they think it didn't happen so they want to know where it came from. Or why she said that.
That's the concern. She's made allegations against him before aswel and they said that they didn't think it atrue either. But child is adamant that these things happened.

youarenotkiddingme Sat 26-Nov-16 15:11:54

Ok you you say what you e said here.

Your LO made a disclosure at school and you are happy to support SS involvement - but you can't comment as you weren't there at the time but will be fully on board with her having no contact with father if that's what they suggest.

youarenotkiddingme Sat 26-Nov-16 15:12:48

If they say it's child protection because they don't believe her ask them for proof her disclosures are untrue.

Then suggest it's a great CP issue to ignore what she's saying.

mee16 Sat 26-Nov-16 15:37:28

They said that she wasn't able to tell them what happened before and after the event. But she is able to tell. She's just not able to go into detail.
They keep saying it's not true and supporting him in anything we say. I'm really concerened as they not taking it seriously. What do I do or say? As I'm scared to say anything to ss

wellcoveredsparerib Sat 26-Nov-16 16:32:11

Google " parental alienation " OP.
Is that what they are suggesting?
How was your relationship with Ex before the recent events?

mee16 Sat 26-Nov-16 18:18:01

Iv looked through Pa. some might apply not too sure and not sure what they are trying to say. Well marriage was domestic violence but none was proven as there wasn't enough evidence. And everything went against me saying I'm the bad one and a liar. And when little one has disclosed anything in the past they don't believe it. They said I'm putting words in her mouth. I'm fed up with this all. My worry is that how much of it is true and how much of it isn't true. What she said last year I believe he would have said but now not sure. Iv asked my little one and told her that u should never lie or make up stories as it can u into truble. She's adamant that these things have happened and if daddy says he hasn't done them he is lying . I really don't know what to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now