Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

custody of my dd

(3 Posts)
fatfuckinbren Fri 18-Nov-16 17:35:38

Hi I am feeling very stressed atm and would really appreciate some advice so I have 2 children with my ex husband dd 13 ds 9. We have been separated for around 9 years. We have both moved on bit we haven't got around to getting a divorce. He has never provided for his children. He sees them every other weekend. Anyway he wants our dd to go and live with him. Which obviously I don't want . I am worried that he will turn up at her school and just take her. Does any1 no what rights he has? Can I call the police, will they help me ? I have always had custody of my children as he never really wanted them but I don't have a court order and technically we are still married help I am so stressed and worried I dont want my family ripped apart?

AuntieStella Fri 18-Nov-16 17:38:35

What does your DD want?

fatfuckinbren Fri 18-Nov-16 18:22:41

Yes she does, her bf has left school. So she feels like she has no friends atm but I have already changed her school once and she is only in yr9 she is very stropy, self centred typical teenager her dad has a long history of broken promises. And not turning up on his weekend. His dad is a convicted peado. And lives down the road from him. So he would be around her to. He's not a good dad at all and has a new girlfriend every couple of months I feel she need stability which he cant give her. I feel she needs to stay at this school and make new friends I don't want her to always run away from her problems. This has all started because her bf has left school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now