Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Once the consent order is finalised ref finances

(7 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Sun 06-Nov-16 11:42:03

Is that it ? There's something in my ex's solicitors documents about basically not being able to go back to court except the items listed in the consent order. I thought that was the whole point though, what's in the consent order is it, line drawn ?
Bit confused tbh

prh47bridge Sun 06-Nov-16 18:14:12

What exactly do the documents say.

Pisssssedofff Sun 06-Nov-16 18:47:04

Exactly that
There are to be no further claims that are allowable in court beyond those listed in this consent order. From what I can see that allows him to come back with regards to the items listed, ie the house etc

MrsBertBibby Mon 07-Nov-16 18:04:31

No, it means the orders in the document are the only orders made, and all other claims are dismissed.

Unless your solicitor has done something really odd.

Pisssssedofff Mon 07-Nov-16 18:10:24

So sorry to be thick but he can't go back to court and change his mind about anything in it ? I'll be really honest, I cannot comply with one of the things listed in it until after the house sale, I'm worried he will kick off and take it back to court and the whole process will be restarted ... Is that possible ?

babybarrister Mon 07-Nov-16 20:42:48

All sounds a bit odd - ask your solicitor to go through the order
You should not have agreed to doing anything within a timetable you cannot comply with - sometimes you can apply to extend clauses re timing... Your lawyer is the only person who can really help

Pisssssedofff Mon 07-Nov-16 20:55:50

Thank you. He's a slippery git, it's taken three and half years to get here and he's still trying it on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now