Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Getting permission for a mckenzie friend in court

(3 Posts)
ikeawrappingpaper Thu 27-Oct-16 18:20:05

I know I should just call the court and ask - and I will but they are so hard to get hold of, so in the meantime...
Does anyone know exactly how you are supposed to get permission for someone to accompany you into family court? (East London Family Court).

Do you put it in the position statement - or in the email I will send to court to accompany the position statement - or do I just ask on the day when I sign in? It's just for a directions hearing but I'd prefer someone to be able to come in with me since I won't have a solicitor present. TIA

MrsBertBibby Thu 27-Oct-16 19:06:22

I have never, in 20 years practice, seen anyone do more than rock up to court and ask. I have almost never objected to a MF, and when I have, I don't think I've ever succeeded.

Stick it in your position statement, by all means, and when you first go in, remember to explain who they are and ask the judge if it's ok. And also tell the usher when you sign in.

Good luck.

ikeawrappingpaper Thu 27-Oct-16 19:45:00

Thanks - I'll cross that off my list of worries then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now