Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Solicitor appointment today

(3 Posts)
mrsdarcey78 Mon 01-Aug-16 11:28:47

Hi I have my first appointment with a solicitor today, after receiving court papers for a access case for three children ages 18 14 and 9, who havent seen their father in two years, I found out I hopefully qualify for legal aid.
Is there anything I should take with me for the first appointment and what questions should I be asking? I just want to check I have all angles covered. Thank you. (they do not want to see him)

TimeforaNNChange Mon 01-Aug-16 11:47:26

I suggest that you take a copy of your eldest DCs birth certificate.

At 18, they cannot be named in Family Court proceedings or on a Child Arrangement Order.

Roz44 Tue 02-Aug-16 07:47:16

Always good to take a friend or someone close . I am a family lawyer and find that often the client can be understandably very upset so someone is good not only for moral support but they can take a note and then you have someone to discuss with after if need be. You can then go back to the solicitor with further questions if needed. Wishing you the very best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now