Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Fact finding hearing, help needed asap

(5 Posts)
Neb78 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:26:38

Hi, at my first directions hearing I was asked to provide a Scott schedule and supporting statement referencing evidence I have and send a copy to court and to my ex. If anyone has been through this without a solicitor Do I also need to send all of my evidence to the other party or just statement? I need to send it tomorrow! Many thanks

traviata Mon 27-Jun-16 21:33:30

better to send too much than too little.

It's all cards on the table, if the other side have had it in advance they can't complain it takes them by surprise.

Familylawsolicitor Mon 27-Jun-16 21:34:45

Yes you must serve anything you intend to rely on at the hearing on the other side

Neb78 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:59:00

Thank you both for taking time to reply. I thought I had to but the directions the judge made are not very clear. I had a last minute panic then that I was sending him things I didn't need to!

Neb78 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:01:02

More advice needed if possible please:

So, I filed my Scott schedule and supporting statement and evidence. My ex was supposed to respond to Scott schedule and also send statement by last week. I received his response and not surprisingly denying everything. However, this is all I received, no statement of evidence etc which he was also directed to do. I chased it up with court and all they received was his response to Scott schedule. As far as I am concerned he hasn't complied with court directions. Do I have grounds to ask for adjournment as if he turns up at court with statement etc I won't have had time to look at it like he has had with mine? Any advice is much appreciated as I am self representing x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now