Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

non molestation order

(7 Posts)
adviceneededmums Wed 22-Jun-16 20:52:14

Police have advised me to try and apply for a non molestation order.

Can anyone give me their experiences?

wineandsunshine Sun 26-Jun-16 20:10:27

Can you get a solicitor to apply for you? I did it this way and had to give all the information/evidence with dates etc to them first and then they applied to the court and the judge agreed to it.
If you can't afford to get a solicitor you can apply directly to the court using a certain form (the admin dept) will give this to you but it will cost you to do it yourself and I'm unsure what this is sorry!

AShadowLurkingInTheShadows Sun 26-Jun-16 20:28:24

What evidence do you have? How long has it been going on?

You can either ask a solicitor to do this or WA.

I believe now it doesn't cost you.

I asked for one (had been going on for years, stalking, posting online about me, ringing, texting, emailing, dragging me to family court ect) He had a Police notice of Harassment. I got an undertaking due to him saying there was nothing in my claims to the judge, then slowly admitting bits and pieces. He even at one place refused to sign it because he didn't want any violence clause in there (no idea what he was planning) he was banned from entering my village, posting online about me, getting his friends to harass me ect. Expired this year, I've moved twice in that time and haven't heard from him since

crazybat Wed 29-Jun-16 22:06:35

My evidence is only intimidating and abusive texts/ emails. Stalking to a degree (he always knows what I'm doing from spies) but not in the eyes of the law, he hasn't been violent for several years but that would make my case stronger.

My issue is what the non mol involves apparently I have to submit evidence that is fine but then they show him the evidence well that is just going to make him worse! Then if I do get granted it I have to personally give him the notice which terrifies me sad

It's very much emotional and mental abuse calling me everything from a prostitite to a bad mother. He uses anything he can to get to me. He even uses the fact I work against me telling me I neglect my son. He withholds maintenance depending on my behaviour (ie not agreeing with what he wants when he wants)

I'm more than lenient with access. But court is definitely and desperately needed with the threats of not bringing him home telling me he'll take him off me one day and today I had to intervene and bar his pick up rights from after school club as he told me tough I'm getting him whether it's my day or not because I want to see him.

I just feel very vulnerable sad

markingthebench Thu 30-Jun-16 02:51:47

crazybat, you need legal advice sad and maybe Women's Aid can help?

adviceneededmums I got a non molestation order very quickly, even though the police officers that dealt with the initial incident were rubbish (all others since have been lovely and very helpful).

The ncdv helpline is the way to go , please Google it. They were brilliant, and took all the stress out of it.

If the police are recommending this, then you need to listen to them.

crazybat Thu 30-Jun-16 06:48:18

Same person lol.. I name change a lot smile thank you X

AShadowLurkingInTheShadows Thu 30-Jun-16 18:42:19

You shouldn't have to hand him the notice yourself! He would be there if he didn't show up and it was granted in his absence you can either serve him via signed for post or employ someone to do it!

Contact WA

You can have bits in the order which state what he can't do so mine also has the clause that he is not allowed to get 3rd parties to contact me or pass on information. Refer to me or my son on social media including photo's (he used forums to slag me off) He wasn't allowed in my village, he wasn't allowed to use or threaten violence either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now