Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Separation agreement

(3 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Wed 08-Jun-16 19:42:53

Emailed to me and when I continuously asked for it to be "legally binding" was told there was no need.

Will this hold any water at all ?
I have 24/7 with the kids got the last year. I want 70:30 of total assets of which there is bugger all. And him to pay his share of joint debts. The separation order is more or less the same as that.
Thank you

prh47bridge Wed 08-Jun-16 22:30:13

A separation agreement is not easy to enforce and may be disregarded by the courts when sorting out the financial settlement in your divorce.

Whether or not a 70:30 split is fair depends on the details. A solicitor who has all the facts can advise.

Regarding the children, unless there are good reasons to deny contact he is likely to get contact if he wants it.

Pisssssedofff Wed 08-Jun-16 22:36:32

Well he didn't want much so contact with the kids was easy. 70/30 of not a lot is entirely fair in my opinion but I guess we'll see
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now