Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

debt collector letters

(2 Posts)
Feelingsolow12345 Tue 03-May-16 12:38:45

I have also posted this in money matters but thought I could get some advice on here too.

I keep getting letters from debt collectors for someone who hasn't lived at my address since 2008. I've phoned them up telling them this but I still keep receiving them. what can I do to stop them as this person is now being grumpy threatened with debt collectors and people can come to my house. I have a new born and I don't need this stress.

Joysmum Wed 04-May-16 18:37:24

You need to put in writing that this person is no longer at the address and you have no forwarding address. Send it signed for. If your renting you can copy your tenancy agreement showing this person isn't a tenant. If you've bought, you can tell them this and insist they check land registry to confirm.

Lastly, you can check your credit history and use that to make sure this person isn't linked to your name or address anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now