Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

getting copy of decision

(4 Posts)
bibliomania Thu 03-Mar-16 17:00:57

I recently self-repp'd in a family case. I have now received a copy of the order itself, but not the reasoned judgement that the judge read out, which set out his findings of fact. Do I automatically get the judgement too? Do I have to ask the court for it?

Familylawsolicitor Thu 03-Mar-16 20:57:05

You have to apply for a transcript of the judge didn't say that he was going to make a transcript availabile at public expense or circulate his written judgment. You could check with the court office but they may say you will have to apply for a transcript. It can be quite costly (few hundred quid) depending on how long the judgment was.
There are a number of approved court transcriber companies, google, and you need to send them this form
hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex107-eng.pdf

Familylawsolicitor Thu 03-Mar-16 21:03:29

Heres the explanatory notes with list of approved transcript companies. You can ask for a quote first.
hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex107-info-eng-20160121.pdf

bibliomania Fri 04-Mar-16 10:01:13

Thanks Familylaw, that's exactly what I need to know. The judge didn't mention about making it available or circulating it, so I'll look into this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now