Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any conveyancers? Need reassurance!

(5 Posts)
Gracey79 Sun 21-Feb-16 15:01:34

Recently split from xh had joint mortgage, xh applied to take mortgage into sole name.
Signed transfer deed 28th January with a solicitor, have spoken to mortgage lender who have said I am still on the mortgage?! Asked xh who says he isn't sure he has signed mortgage docs - surely this would have had to have been done before signing with solicitor? I'm struggling to get any sense from mortgage provider as the dept I need isn't open on weekends but I am not panicking as I have exchanged on a new property on the condition that I am off the existing mortgage shock

Mumblechum1 Sun 21-Feb-16 19:38:12

He needs to get the lender's consent to the transfer of the mortgage account. This is in addition to the TR1 (the doc transferring the house from joint names into his).

The lender will either have to seal the TR1 once they've given his consent or if they won't for any reason he'll need to rearrange the mortg through another lender in his sole name and pay off the existing mtge simultaneously
<<caveat not a conveyancer but retired family lawyer and have seen this situ umpteen times>>

QuiteLikely5 Sun 21-Feb-16 19:42:00

I think taking your name off the deeds and off the mortgage are two different things.

Land registry does one and the bank does the other.

Very surprised you were able to obtain another mortgage whilst your credit search showed you were attached to another

Gracey79 Mon 22-Feb-16 06:35:32

Thanks
As far as I know he's arranged a new mortgage with the same lender to repay the joint one, the mortgage offer was on the table when we signed the tr1. Is it likely to just be a paperwork delay?
Also surely I can't have been given a completion date and been allowed to exchange unless this is all done? My new mortgage is with the same lender so they agreed it on the basis I would be coming off the joint mortgage.

Gracey79 Mon 22-Feb-16 10:32:50

Panic over - xh hadn't paid the land registry fee so solicitors hadn't sent it off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now