Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Ex Empoyer being awkward

(4 Posts)
UnhappyHippo Thu 04-Feb-16 15:35:30

Hi,

Hoping someone here might be able to help or point me in the direction of the place to get help.
I left my previous employer 2 years ago, not under nice circumstances (I sued and won!)
When I left I had a pension (administered in house by one of the directors) and some shares in the company (private owned not PLC). I now need to obtain a value of both my shares and pension for divorce proceedings. I have emailed a few times with no response at all. Radio silence. I know they have received and read the emails, but are just ignoring.
Obviously still bitter, although I would have thought they would be happy for me to transfer both assets and have nothing more to do with me, but hey.

Can anyone help me with what legal obligations they have to provide this information. I tried CAB who pointed me to the FCA who pointed me to the CAB!! Google doesn't seem to be of much use either, maybe I am searching the wrong terms.
I would just like some leverage for my next email so I can gee them up. It is delaying me proceeding with my divorce, but I am loathe to let them know why I need the info.

Hopeful thanks in advance

Collaborate Thu 04-Feb-16 18:21:29

AFAIK they're under no obligation to supply you with a valuation of the shares.

As for the pension, just complete your section of this form, and send them it to complete.

hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form-p-eng.pdf

Borninthe60s Thu 04-Feb-16 18:40:19

If you have proof you have tried to obtain the information and the company haven't responded then that can be sent to other side. You can provide consent for them to try to extract the info and if necessary the court may order them to.

wowfudge Thu 04-Feb-16 23:33:32

It might help to download the company's latest annual report and it's accounts - the annual report will show whether they have issued any more shares (that would potentially dilute the value of your shareholding) and you can at least see the balance sheet and p&l accounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now