Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Probate! Grr

(1 Post)
Draylon Wed 01-Jul-15 14:22:37

Bit of a rant, actually!

I thought I was in the last stages of getting Probate; oath sworn (privately), forms sent into Winchester Probate (which I used because I was told the London one takes ages- read on!); not insubstantial fee paid. Wait the 10 working days they tell me was the max; nothing, so I call them and lo! A) It's the one and only time after 13 attempts I got a person not an 'no-reply' answering machine; but B) They've lost my paperwork. So I had to go and pay to swear the oath all over again, pay to get it signed for at the PO; then wait. Today is working day 15 after that submission was received (I check via the PO website). So I phoned. Answering machine. So I emailed, and got an automated reply telling me me email would take 'up to 10 working days' to process; and that post-oath Probate was typically taking '7 working days' right now confused

A problem I have is that I have several cheques for the Estate which are getting close to the 6 months expiry and I need an Executor's Account to pay them into, which I can't open without Probate! It is a really straight forward Estate; no issues.

So I wish they'd just Get On With It; as a large part of our lives are on hold pending it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now