Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

La applying to the courts for a interim care order

(4 Posts)
Izzyb27 Wed 03-Jun-15 00:23:28

Hi I was wondering if anyone had been through this with the la. We had a second early PLO meeting today and the local authority decided that a interim care order was to be applied through the courts they have said that its must be filed by the 19th of this month and in court no later than ten days after the 19th, does anyone know what will happen in this court hearing I.e will my child be removed from my care and placed with her father. Father has completed all relevant checks and parenting assessments prior to this as he had a private custody hearing listed for July! I currently only have a temporary residency order for my daughter, can dad now get this overturned and granted in his favour? Any information would be really helpful

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Wed 03-Jun-15 01:18:29

Hi - have you got any legal assistance? If not, you need to get some ASAP so that you have someone to explain the processes to you but also explain when you have rights to object and how to do so (I'm assuming that you want to). In legal processes sometimes it's really really important to do something by a particular date and you need someone looking out for you

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Wed 03-Jun-15 01:19:33

Hi - have you got any legal assistance?

babybarrister Wed 03-Jun-15 09:47:45

now that you are in care proceedings the rules on legal aid are different so you will be entitled to legal aid very easily - please go and find a good solicitor - have a look on the resolution website

once care proceedings are started they take precedence over any other orders made

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now