Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Filling in divorce forms - quick Q about financial orders

(4 Posts)
damnstatistics Thu 30-Apr-15 10:17:15

Can anyone help?
I'm filling in Form 8 - the petition for divorce - and doing it myself.

Form 8 asks you to say if you will be applying for a financial order. I don't know yet, as I have not yet looked at the financial arrangements, and thought I would do this at a later stage, possibly with the help of a solicitor. I am hoping that DH and I can do this by agreement and then seek a consent order to finalise it.

Does it matter if
a) I say I will be applying for a financial order, and then don't do it
b) there are several options for a financial order and I don't know yet which one is suitable for me - what if I put down the wrong one?
c) I don't say I will apply for a financial order on this form, and then subsequently change my mind and do apply?

Any help welcome... THANKS!

Mumblechum1 Thu 30-Apr-15 10:23:23

Leave everything open. Do NOT delete anything even if you are certain that you won't apply for it down the line.

Rjae Mon 04-May-15 19:08:44

www.moneyanddivorce.co.uk/2012/05/step-by-step-guide-to-completing.html

This is a great step by step resource, and says what mumblechum says.

damnstatistics Thu 07-May-15 15:39:02

Thank you both. Rjae that is a brilliant resource! Loads of really useful info!
There's some good stuff on there about unreasonable behaviour and the financials too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now