Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Returning to work and feeling pushed out

(3 Posts)
benfoldsfive Wed 13-Aug-14 12:35:48

I am due to return to work on September the 8th after having 10 months off on maternity leave. The role (40hrs) that i left will come to a contractual end on 31st of September. So instead of coming back to the role for 3 weeks a new role has been created for me (24hr a week), it is a PA role, which is vastly different from my previous role . In addition i have been ask to cover maternity a 16 hr a week maternity post (which is more like my original role. This new contract is for 7 months. I have to take a £1000 pay cut.

My cover, however, in March was given to new projects (whilst still doing some of my other responsibilities) and has job security for at least 2 years and will retain my original salary. I was not informed of the job opportunities or training. Is this legal?

I have tried to keep this factual as there are lots of other undercurrents.

concernedaboutheboy Thu 14-Aug-14 21:05:33

Nope, does not sound fair and possibly not legal. Are you in a union?

Didn't think so afaik it has to be same grade and pay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now