Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

abusive exp taking me to court using solicitor's ive used in the past

(9 Posts)
Blondieminx Thu 20-Mar-14 23:00:52

Gosh the firm involved does sound rather lax.

They should not act on "the same or a related matter" and it does sound very much related, given they have previously advised you on separation issues.

Given the history I would be minded to go to the SRA to be honest!

Chloerose75 Thu 20-Mar-14 22:47:30

I thought she said she had already made a formal complaint to the firm but I see I misread and that complaint was about a previous matter. In that case yes do raise it with the firm first.

Collaborate Thu 20-Mar-14 08:17:55

Premature for OP to be contacting the SRA before raising it with the firm concerned.

Chloerose75 Thu 20-Mar-14 00:54:09

Contact the solicitors regulation authority
www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

You could reference outcome 4 of the code of conduct as it sounds like they could well be in breach www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/code/content.page

Collaborate Thu 20-Mar-14 00:33:37

They shouldn't act against you, as in acting for you in the past they are aware of some confidential information about you that is relevant to the current matter. You should point this out to the firm and they should agree to act no further.

leftabitrightabit Wed 19-Mar-14 21:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Living Wed 19-Mar-14 20:54:55

Did the lawfirm act in relation to a dispute between you and XP or was it some other sort of family law? Do the hold any information about you it would be useful for you XP to know?

I'd call the firm and complain and quickly. If the answer to the questions above are yes they almost certainly aren't allowed to act (if they are).

leftabitrightabit Wed 19-Mar-14 19:57:31

leftabitrightabit Wed 19-Mar-14 19:49:14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now