Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

forged/fake birth certificate.... legally married???

(12 Posts)
mumblechum1 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:53:52

Your mum's will is a public document and you can obtain a copy from the relevant Probate Registry.

twinkletoedelephant Mon 11-Nov-13 14:47:17

Thanks that's very kind of you but I doubt I will ever get to look at it

I would imagine it has been destroyed along with other paperwork I have requested that was shredded sad

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:16:23

Without seeing it I obviously can't advise but if there is a life interest trust or a right to reside then it puts a completely different slant on it.

Do you have a copy of your mum's will? I'm happy to look at it (no charge) if you like.

twinkletoedelephant Mon 11-Nov-13 13:52:46

To be honest I entirely expect them to sell the house and buy another one so I guess it all becomes a mute point anyway

I was led to believe mums will was written so the ' family home' was never to be sold but to be available for me or sis to live in on the proviso it would be somewhere my brother has to come home to on holidays

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Nov-13 13:43:11

Unless they made mutual wills, unfortunately not. It would be quite unusual to do mutual wills, in fact I almost never make them.

twinkletoedelephant Mon 11-Nov-13 13:41:07

My mum planned meticulously there wills my brother has severe ld and lives in residential care and will need support for the rest of his life it was all very complicated to set up and covered all eventualities.... Dad informed me he has ' done a new will' so we have no expectations what so ever.

The witch is encouraging him to meet and be a part of his ' New family' and avoid us like the plauge ( obviously new family have no memory of Mum)

Its just sad that my daddy who I use to worship has turned into a week and
cowardly man I have to frequently lie to my young children about why he dosnt want to see them anymore sad

I am taking for granted that we can't do anything about the house and that as he has changed his will he is now free to do with it what he chooses and my mother's will is now irrelevant?

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Nov-13 12:52:48

sad for you twinkletoed, that must be very hurtful. I do hope he is going to make sure you and your siblings are taken care of in his will!

twinkletoedelephant Mon 11-Nov-13 12:18:41

Thankyou for the replies

She has done he best to wipe my mum memory away alienating all mums friend and family redecorating and throwing out all off my mum's ' thing's from the house. I didn't think this could be true but I wanted to check

MrsHoratioNelson Mon 11-Nov-13 11:59:40

No, he made the relevant declarations in good faith, so it will still be valid.

LittleBairn Mon 11-Nov-13 11:57:53

My family had the same querie a few years ago regarding my Grans 'adoption' she was even married with her adopted name. The legal advice was the marriage was valid.

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Nov-13 11:55:02

Nope. The fact his birth certificate was faked does not invalidate his first marriage.

Marriage may be nullified on various grounds including the identity of one of the parties (in a roundabout way), but that is clearly not the case here.

twinkletoedelephant Mon 11-Nov-13 11:52:43

My dad had just found out his birth certificate is forged / fake and that his mum and dad were not his biological parents. His bio sister also came to live with his mum and dad at the same time we are not sure If he was ever 'adopted' formally

Anyways he and the hateful poisonous dwarff have just annouced their engagement and has mentioned that this will be the first marriage for dad as his first. Marriage couldn't be legal as he gave the wrong paperwork ( my mum and dad were happily married for nearly 40 years she died 18 months ago)

Is this true even though at the time he believed it to be accurate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now