Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Schedule One of the Children's Act 1989

(10 Posts)
babybarrister Colombia Sun 03-Nov-13 14:53:48

grin

jayho Sun 03-Nov-13 11:47:50

point taken grin

babybarrister Colombia Sat 02-Nov-13 17:51:18

CSA can't help just follow your solicitor's advice and get on with it!

jayho Sat 02-Nov-13 12:18:22

Haven't looked at this for ages as been too depressed (and poor).

CSA have already said I can't have a variation. Do you know otherwise collaborate?

Collaborate Thu 17-Oct-13 19:06:30
Collaborate Thu 17-Oct-13 19:05:08

Look at this document, in particular under the heading "variation". I think your case may fall under that heading. Contact the agency and ask for a variation.

jayho Thu 17-Oct-13 18:47:28

anyone?

jayho Thu 17-Oct-13 12:17:37

Sorry, my ex does not pay child maintenance. He does not work but gets an income of plus £30k pa from an insurance policy. This does not count as income for CSA calculation purposes so the kids have been awarded zero.

He has considerable assets and my solicitor has suggested using this act to ask for an award. He suggests a lump sum.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's done this, how it went etc or any legal people with a view.

Thanks

Collaborate Thu 17-Oct-13 12:09:59

Most if not all of the professionals who post here will now about it, but you'll have to ask a specific question. There are a number of threads about this hanging around if you need any pointers.

jayho Thu 17-Oct-13 11:57:45

Does anyone have experience of applying for a lump sum or periodical payment for child maintenance under this act?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now