Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Another parcel query

(3 Posts)
Oakmaiden Wed 25-Sep-13 20:55:59

Yeah - I have a strong suspicion that is what happened too...

12345Floris Tue 24-Sep-13 17:19:03

Sounds like the courier just noticed the house was empty, signed your name and kept it.

Call me cynical grin

Oakmaiden Wed 18-Sep-13 17:12:34

Very similar to the one above...

This is my situation. My husband's solid state disc drive recently failed, and we sent it back to the company he bought it from as it was under warranty. At the same time we updated the company website details, so they had our current address, as we moved 3 months ago. The company sourced a replacement disc for us, but unfortunately sent it to the old address.

However, the delivery company (not Royal Mail) claim that they delivered the parcel and that someone called "Broad" signed for it. And here it gets messy - Broad is similar to our name, but not actually our name, it is also vaguely similar to the name of the owner of the house (we were renting). However, the house has been empty since we moved out - and the owner lives several hundred miles away so is unlikely to be there. Added to which I have spoken to the estate agents, who have spoken to him, and he knows nothing about it. Nor do any of our old neighbours (none of whom are called Broad).

The company who sent it say it is our fault for not making sure we were sending to the right address - since they sent it to the original delivery address. The delivery company insist it was delivered to that address, despite the fact it is empty. Is there anything we can do, or do we have to write off this expensive blinking drive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now