Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Incomplete Form E (due in court tomorrow)

(8 Posts)
slumberjac Thu 03-Oct-13 19:34:50

There wasn't 2 wasted hearings. It was 2 direction orders where dates had been set by the court for the exchange of documents. When it came to the hearing he provided some of the docs the eve before court and the judge ordered him to provide the ones he was reluctant to give smile

mrsbarlow21 Fri 27-Sep-13 16:09:47

slumberjac - what happened? did you get your wasted costs for the two hearings?

78bunion Sat 21-Sep-13 07:55:53

Very very very occasionally a spouse is jailed for this
www.bpslaw.co.uk/divorce-husband-jailed-for-failing-to-disclose-assets/

However even there that has not made him disclose things.

slumberjac Sat 21-Sep-13 07:19:35

What happened was that he partly disclosed the documents/information late the night before the hearing then was ordered by the judge to provide the majority of the missing bits before the Fdr.

Thank you for your replies.

lostdad Thu 19-Sep-13 13:19:15

In my experience the court is unlikely to take any action against him>

More likely the court will simply reschedule another hearing and order that he actually disclose what he is meant to. Not doing so is contempt of court of course but it's rare for a penal notice to be attached.

babybarrister Tue 17-Sep-13 21:24:07

Judge likely to make further order against him with a penal notice on first. Then if still no compliance you could consider either applying to commit him to prison for contempt of court or applying as against third parties for disclosure. The latter can be complicated and costly though .... Better first to go in hard against him IME

slumberjac Tue 17-Sep-13 18:34:54

bump

slumberjac Tue 17-Sep-13 12:24:17

I am due in court tomorrow for a Schedule 1 Children Act hearing for a lump sum order and my ex has failed to comply with 2 direction orders. He has also not provided copies of the requested documents listed on his form E (which is both incomplete and a fairy story!). I am looking to ask the judge to give me permission to get the requested documents from the tax office (self assessment tax returns) and the mortgage companies (copies of his mortgage applications). Can someone advise me how i go about doing this? Is there a form I need to complete?

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now