Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Business lease advice needed please

(4 Posts)
catkin14 Tue 27-Aug-13 21:56:45

A friend and I are going to take over an existing business. It is a small shop with some part-time staff, none are permanent or have a contract.
We are buying the stock and paying a monthly rent.

I need help with a contract, are there any websites that do this, and general advice.
I have an accountant but its the legal stuff that I need help with.
Any pointers in the right directions please?

twattock Wed 28-Aug-13 18:59:24

you need to get some proper legal advice I'm afraid. get a quote from a few local solicitors first but you are taking on quite a few issues here commercial property, business purchase and transfer of employment for a start. don't try to do it on the cheap or it will all go horribly wrong!

Vatta Wed 28-Aug-13 20:57:22

Definitely instruct a lawyer, would be a massive mistake to try and do this by yourself.

lisalisa Wed 28-Aug-13 21:00:17

Hi catkin - I am a property lawyer . Happy to help you formally if you want or can give you pointers to look out for but really would echo what others have said that it is a bit risky to do it by yourself. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now