Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Commercial unit next to us - help pls!

(5 Posts)
MrsKwazii Wed 28-Aug-13 15:47:14

Excellent if another neighbour will take it forward - hopefully it can be sorted with the minimum of heel dragging from the company. And hurray to a better night of sleep for all!

Binkybix Wed 28-Aug-13 13:36:16

Thanks. The conditions on planning do say that if they breach terms (including delivery hours) their permissions to operate will expire after a month, but I bet it would not be that simple.

Luckily for us, I think another neighbour is going to go the official route on this. Constant breach and lack of planning permission hopefully means we can sort this out. And my son slept for 6 hours last night. Unprecedented!

MrsKwazii Tue 27-Aug-13 14:25:42

You'll need to contact planning enforcement at your local council. Unfortunately I think you would have to disclose any issues if you sell up. Hopefully it would be a case of it all having been dealt with by then though? And just to warn you that the enforcement process can take a while, with the factory given time to make changes. Good luck - it sounds miserable for you.

Binkybix Tue 27-Aug-13 14:21:47

Sorry - any advice on what needs to be recorded, possible ways forward would be gratefully received.

Binkybix Tue 27-Aug-13 14:19:54

Hi

We live about 10m from a small catering company. They have deliveries and operate on the site outside of permitted hours routinely, and we have had to complain a number of times to them. Recently something like a flue or AC unit has been making noise constantly.

I've been looking at previous planning consent - they installed 4 flues at the back of the building which they were ordered to remove. I think (though not sure) they've just moved them to the side near us. No idea why they're suddenly making noise. Other neighbours have complained and been rebuffed.

This is making me miserable. Worried it will make it difficult to sell the house if we don't sort the noise out, but worried that an official process with council will need to be reported and will also affect sale.

I'm struggling with sleep with a newborn anyway and feeling pretty desperate about this!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now