Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Copyright issue?

(3 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Thu 18-Jul-13 22:05:12

If they are free to download and you aren't going to display them and ask for money to view them, or try and frame them and sell them, wheres the problem.
I'm afraid I don't know the law though.
Copyright primarily is to make sure others don't gain financially from your work and also so you get royalties owed to you.

goonIcantakeit Thu 18-Jul-13 21:58:19

Ask him! - ask his agent!

JohnSnowsTie Thu 18-Jul-13 18:59:41

I have no idea if I would be "allowed" to do this or not, but thought I would ask here because someone is bound to know.

I love the artwork of Fabien Perez, but his works are well in excess of 1k, which I just can't afford.

Images of his prints are all over the net, and I wondered about saving a few of them to my laptop and printing them off (postcard size) to display at home.

Please be gentle if that's the most ridiculous question you've ever heard and I'm fully prepared to be told that it's absolutely not legal - but I genuinely have no idea. I am extremely law abiding and definitely would not do it if it was illegal!

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now