Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA changes to gross salary

(5 Posts)
ladymuckbeth Wed 05-Jun-13 15:57:15

Sorry to be boring and repetitive; I've asked about this before but read somewhere recently that the changes have come into being now. Can anyone point me to a link which confirms this, if it is the case? Finding the gov.uk site confusing to say the least. TIA.

lougle Wed 05-Jun-13 16:07:12

https://www.gov.uk/how-child-maintenance-is-worked-out/how-the-child-maintenance-service-works-out-child-maintenance

"One of 5 rates will be applied, based on the gross weekly income of the paying parent:"

Seems clear to me.

NotActuallyAMum Wed 05-Jun-13 16:09:00

Link here suggests that it has already happened but only for people with 4 children or more

ladymuckbeth Wed 05-Jun-13 19:54:02

Not clear at all lougle. When I phoned Child Maintenance Options they told me that it is still only applicable to families with 4 children or more. Nobody knows when it's going to be phased in for all families.

Yet the gov.uk site seems to have two different sets of information - net for the CSA section and gross for the Child Maintenance Service option.

I am still confused. A shame - because the difference for me amounts to several hundred pounds per month. confused

prh47bridge Wed 05-Jun-13 21:23:03

Are you sure the difference is that big? Remember that the percentage rates are lower on the gross income scheme. For most people the difference should be small. When I did the calculations last year I reckoned that an NRP with one child earning £800 per week and paying 4% of their gross income in pension contributions would have to pay around £11 per week more. The difference would be bigger if pension contributions were higher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now