Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Birth certificate

(7 Posts)
AuntyVirus Thu 23-May-13 20:05:42

Sorry posted to soon good luck to you and your ss hope you get some sort of contact soon with your grand child's mother .

AuntyVirus Thu 23-May-13 20:01:32

Thank you very much nk , I will tell ss to go to courts in the morning . Hopefully girlfriend will have a change of heart and we don't have to use them .
Once again thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction .

NKffffffffabeee2d7X127640abcce Thu 23-May-13 10:27:36

Hi again Aunty Virus, I have been looking into this on my behalf after our discussion on the other thread.

If both sides agree that the father should have Parental Responsibility, you can download a form from GOV.UK which you get signed at a county court, and register by sending copies to the address on the website. If the mother doesn't agree, you need to get a court order, which costs about £200. There's a form for this too on the website.

I am about to go to my local county court to get an information pack with all the forms needed for a Child Contact Order, this includes information on the costs etc. This might be a useful thing for your stepson too.

Good luck, I hope you get somewhere with this.

prh47bridge Wed 22-May-13 21:52:11

He does not need a solicitor to apply for PR. The court will contact his girlfriend if he does. If he applies for PR he will almost certainly get it.

AuntyVirus Wed 22-May-13 20:11:02

Hi thank you for your reply . I will tell ss to look into this . Do you know if he will need to see solicitor who will then contact his girlfriend ? . The reason I ask is they live together so she will find out straight away what his intensions are and make this sad situation even harder .

RedHelenB Wed 22-May-13 19:04:21

I would go to court & get parental responsibility if I were him.

AuntyVirus Wed 22-May-13 16:58:59

My stepsons girlfriend gave birth to his son last week , she already has a daughter from a previous relationship who calls ss dad.
Ss has told us today that his girlfriend has no intention of naming ss on child's birth certificate . He has known this for some months but only told us today as he was hoping by time baby was born she would have changed her mind . This however has not happened and she will not tell ss why other than its her decision .
Is there anything he can do or anyone he can see about this.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now