Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Noisy neighbour

(9 Posts)
mel191187 Wed 10-Apr-13 22:09:53

Yeah I've been writing it all down. Rang the out of hours service the other night and they came out to tell him to turn it down. He turned it off but wouldn't answer the door and he's been quiet until tonight! It's so annoying

That is good, when they work together progress happens. You need to log everytime it happens in a log book as it will help them if they bring another eviction case against him.

mel191187 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:49:54

Spoke to the safer neighbourhood team today and they r gonna be discussing it with my housing officer on Wednesday at a meeting, so hopefully it stops soon don't know how much more I can take!

mel191187 Sun 07-Apr-13 20:45:56

I'm ringing my housing officer tomorrow to see what is being done about it x

betterthanever Sat 06-Apr-13 22:51:21

The council will probably come and leave a diary with you to fill in as well as monitor themselves - they can do it from outside the property too (if it isn't high).. I am sure your neighbour would not know it was them, they don't wear branded clothing. Please let the council help you.

mel191187 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:46:08

I don't want him to see them coming in here really x

redlac Sat 06-Apr-13 22:45:14

Phone them EVERY time he does it. Keep a diary detailing start and end times.

Good luck

Let the noise team from the council come in and measure the decibel level. Phone them every time day or night it disturbs you, get them to record it all to build a picture. They can fine him and he may get evicted again.

mel191187 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:33:56

Hi I need some advice please. I have a neighbour with mental health issues who was evicted last year, assessed, taken to court but he won and was allowed back. He is now back to playing really loud music again every day and night without fail. I have a 2 year old and a baby on the way. I've spoken to my housing officer about it and she has told me that the mental health team have tried visiting but getting no answer. I have also phoned noise nuisance and they have said they can only assess the noise levels by coming into my property and listening to see if its loud enough to take further action. I just feel like I'm getting fobbed off and I'm really unhappy at the moment.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now