Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Legal definition of main residence please

(6 Posts)
goodmum123 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:38:31

She is on electoral roll at fil house and I assume she pays council tax at both. She has cut off phone and is trying to get a tv licence refund for fil house x

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 01-Apr-13 23:11:49

Where is she on the electoral roll? Where does she pay council tax?

AmandaPayntedEgg Mon 01-Apr-13 22:38:23

Oh goodness, beyond my area. Hope you get some answers.

goodmum123 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:34:15

Thank you. Very complicated story. Fil sadly died leaving house to my husband but day before he died allowed step mil to live there as her principal place of residence until she cohabits (has been living with her boyfriend at her own house since 20 weeks after fil death- sorry still bitter and upset ) or she remarries. She has stayed four nights since aug but visits weekly for a few hours. The rest of the time she lives at hrt oen house. shes had phone cut off, mail redirected but how do we prove? That's why could do with definition as all seems so complicated. Thank you x

AmandaPayntedEgg Mon 01-Apr-13 22:23:53

Depends on the purpose I think. School admissions, for example, is rather less flexible than capital gains tax.

goodmum123 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:21:20

That's it really . If someone owns more than one house, how do you legally classify main or principal residence? Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now