Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

refurb phones wont refund me - any pointers?

(5 Posts)
quietlysuggests Mon 25-Mar-13 14:20:55

I bought a phone online from refurb phones.
It arrived but the battery was totally dud - couldn't hold any charge at all. I emailed them, they said they'd send another one, they didn't. I emailed again, again they said they'd send one on, they didn't. After weeks of waiting I ran out of patience as I need a phone, unsuprisingly. I posted it back to them and they are emailing me saying I am not entitled to a refund as it is outside their 7 day change of mind policy. But I didn't change my mind, they failed to send me a workable phone.
Does anyone have any idea where to go from here?
Much appreciated.

prh47bridge Mon 25-Mar-13 15:33:45

Tell them that you are rejecting the phone in accordance with your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. They could argue that you have left it too long to reject the phone but you are definitely entitled to a repair or replacement.

If you paid by credit card and the retailer refuses to co-operate you should contact your credit card provider and demand a refund.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 25-Mar-13 15:38:55

Prh beat me sale of goods act it is not for for purpose. You purchased it to make telephone calls which you have not been able to do. Trading standards are often very helpful in this situation.

quietlysuggests Mon 25-Mar-13 15:57:15

Ok thanks for that. I'll email them now. They seem quite aggressive so I dont know how I'll get on. Lets see..

quietlysuggests Wed 27-Mar-13 21:20:33

Yes! Thats for help, I'd say the issue was just stuck at first and automatic response being no, but its sorted now and they fully refunded me. Result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now