Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Legal Aid granted, then revoked. Appealed

(2 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Fri 22-Mar-13 17:01:18

Ignore this thread as my solicitor has now confirmed that as my appeal/application was in before April, I will get it if it is re-granted.

MsNobodyAgain Fri 22-Mar-13 14:27:07

I was granted LA in January this year to do with child access issues with my ex. After the first hearing, I got a letter saying the LA had been revoked as I had 'too much disposable income'.

Both me and my solicitor don't see how this can be the case as I am on Income Support and receive CTB. She wrote to them asking them to review their decision but we've heard nothing since.

If I don't get a decision before the changes to LA in April, will I have lost out completely or will the fact I applied before April mean it can still be granted?

I'm not getting a lot of sense from my solicitor and I've asked her to chase it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now