Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Mopeds and kids

(8 Posts)
Jux Wed 20-Mar-13 21:54:26

What is the law regarding children as passengers on moped/scooter things, sitting behind the driver?

AuntieStella Wed 20-Mar-13 22:00:25

They must be wearing a properly fitting helmet which meets safety standards, and their feet must securely reach he foot pegs.

sanityawol Wed 20-Mar-13 22:09:03

Also, the motorcycle / scooter must have a proper pillion seat. The rider (driver) must have a full motorcycle licence.

https://www.gov.uk/rules-motorcyclists-83-to-88/general-guidance-83-to-88

Jux Thu 21-Mar-13 08:28:06

Thank you.

Useful link. thanks

sanityawol Thu 21-Mar-13 19:09:26

No problem - have PM'd you.

Jux Sat 23-Mar-13 11:51:45

Sanity, thanks! You're the other end of the county from me sad.

I was having ideas about hiring from you once I've got my provisional sorted. It is taking a long time as I have ms and the thing seems to go to and from gp, neurologist, back to me for additional stuff, heaven knows when they'll be satisfied, or if they will ever be. GP and neuro seem to think I'll be fine driving anything, so it's just dvla crossing t's and dotting i's.

sanityawol Sat 23-Mar-13 17:07:29

I've referred to living in the arse end of nowhere on other threads - now you know where I am you can see why!

We cover the whole of the county, so distance isn't an issue. We'd come to you - there would be no need to trek up here.

DVLA can be a nightmare to deal with if something is straightforward, let alone for anything a bit more involved. Hope you get them sorted and can get yourself on the road.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a great knowledge of ms - my only real contact has been a lady in the village where I grew up... As much as I hate to admit it, that would have been at least 20 years ago (and possibly nearer to 30). I would guess that things have moved on with regard to treating / managing it in that time.

Hope it all works out for you - if there's anything else you need to know then give me a shout.

Jux Sat 23-Mar-13 18:39:17

I will, sanity. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now