Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Help/advice on taking children abroard

(3 Posts)
heavenscakes Thu 28-Feb-13 07:49:03

Ok thank u

babybarrister Wed 27-Feb-13 21:18:44

Make sure your solicitor knows about the 1996 Hague convention now in force which would work to protect your ex'a rights if you did go. Given it is a limited trip I would have thought the court would let you go provided there is some guarantee - house etc - that you would return

heavenscakes Wed 27-Feb-13 16:44:52

Hi, I am currently seeking help with the following matter; I am a single parent to a child of 3, her dad is on the birth certificate but we have never been married and he has never lived with my daughter, she also holds my surname. He does have access on a sunday for 6 hours which i had to push, but always choosing to spend it with his girlfriend and her older daughter(of which there are signs of bullying)
I have been on my own for 2.5 years and have now finally met a great guy that I and my daughter both adore, he is an australian citizen but works in london...he has just been offered a promotion but has to work a year in perth first starting 15th march, its all happened really quickly but we want to go out with him, the plan being he will go over a month before us to find accomodation etc....I told my daughters dad over a week ago and have just had back his lengthy reply stating he knows his rights and will not ever give his permission, even though i offerd to pay for his flight over in the 11 month period and obviously the ability to skype everyday if he would like....
Obviously I am devastated at his response(although maybe not suprised)
I am guessing that the next step is to go through the courts, I have an appointment with my solicitor on tues.....
PLease help with any advice, possible loop holes, or experiences?
Many Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now