Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Urgent - Re poss change school / relocation family if CP concerns?

(9 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OliviaKnowsBestMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Feb-13 23:59:49

Hi there
Gosh Sorry that you're going through all this - I'm afraid I'm posting in haste
But would you like us to move this to our special needs section? You may certainly get posters who're more experienced in these things.
Let us know and best of luck with it all
and BUMP

MNHQ

mymeatballishorse Thu 28-Feb-13 00:11:35

I dont have anything useful to say sorry (except good luck)
one of my recurring fears is to be on the receiving end of this kind of thing.

dothraki Thu 28-Feb-13 00:14:20

Scottishmerlottish - this is truly dreadful, I am sorry I cannot give you any practical advice - on your & ds's behalf I would like to go round to all the so-called professionals that you have had the misfortune to come into contact with and bash their heads together. I really hope several different professionals will come along to give you some real help. Good luck

bubbles1231 Thu 28-Feb-13 00:27:46

Have you heard of Jordan's Eyes in Ayr? The are one of 2 practices in Scotland which offer multisensory testing. Sensory Deficit Disorder is often mistaken for Autism. A friend of mine had great success here.
http://www.jordanseyes.com/
Your situation sounds like someone has got very hacked off at having their professional diagnosis challeneged. Perhaps if you had another opinion to complement/support your London one, it may help.

bubbles1231 Thu 28-Feb-13 00:29:52
bubbles1231 Thu 28-Feb-13 00:32:46

BTW from their website it looks as if they are quite used to doing reports for legal challenges.

bubbles1231 Thu 28-Feb-13 00:41:39

sorry to drip feed this info- but I did Toe by Toe with my son at home. Didn't tell the school, just did it on the quiet. Realised that half the other parents were doing it too! Best £27 I ever spent. 10 mins a day in the mornings. Took 18mth to complete. Massive, massive difference.
Also, if your son ends up being prescibed coloured glasses by an optician you won't have to worry about overlays and the education people can't argue then. One child at our school has pink lensed glasses, another has apple green.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now