Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA QUERY

(6 Posts)
Fairygen Wed 27-Feb-13 20:16:02

I pestered them once a week, without fail, for 18 months. Got there eventually. Good luck

lucyfluff Wed 27-Feb-13 19:56:55

Thankyou for the link! A lot of legal 'jargon' I don't really understand but I guess its being looked into before anyone else ends up before a judge! Let's hope it dosent take too long to sort out!!!

STIDW Tue 26-Feb-13 01:05:14

The reason for the hold up is the CSA are having to look at their working practices after a test case brought by a group of lawyers. It was found standard CSA practices breached the human rights to a fair trial within a reasonable timeframe, the presumption of innocence until proved guilty and other legal rights. See;

www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed104067

lucyfluff Mon 25-Feb-13 19:07:26

Oh ok thankyou for replying! I may try + look for the link too!! Its just so vague about how these things will take grrrrrrr!!

babyhammock Mon 25-Feb-13 17:40:13

Is it to do with one man saying is human rights were broken as they assumed he was guilty...disregarding the presumption of innocence and right to defend himself. He won at appeal I think and now they have to review how things are done? It was in the guardian or telegraph but can't find the link

lucyfluff Mon 25-Feb-13 16:06:10

Hi - some advice please!!!! My case with the CSA is currently with the Legal Enforcement Team. Last week they advised me that although they havnt 'forgotten' about my case, they are at a standstill due to a legal challenge that is affecting a lot of cases?! Does anyone have any information about this/experience of it??? They said to leave it a month and call back for an update but no other info given!!! Thankyou lucy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now