Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Claiming compensation for a cancelled flight in 2008

(7 Posts)
RedHelenB Thu 14-Feb-13 21:04:47

Can't see how the ash cloud is the airline's fault?

WishIdbeenatigermum Thu 14-Feb-13 19:49:58

Were you out of pocket? What did you spend. Is it really worth it for a couple of sandwiches 5 years ago?

MrsJREwing Thu 14-Feb-13 19:41:33

We were caught in the ash cloud thing, is that something you can claim for? EU flight to UK, they gave us room and food, though?

mindermummy Thu 14-Feb-13 19:37:52

Thanks. We did go from eu airport and plan to go to eu airport . We used Thomas cook. Would you say to write to them first?! Or is there a specific claims address to send to ,?! I have googled it and can't find out much info on where to claim.xx

mindermummy Thu 14-Feb-13 19:37:27

Thanks. We did go from eu airport and plan to go to eu airport . We used Thomas cook. Would you say to write to them first?! Or is there a specific claims address to send to ,?! I have googled it and can't find out much info on where to claim.xx

prh47bridge Thu 14-Feb-13 15:55:05

For you to get compensation you must have been on a flight departing from an EU airport or a flight operated by an EU airline that landed at an EU airport. You will only get compensation if the delay was the airline's fault.

There are companies that claim to help with this but you should not need them. If you think you are eligible for compensation you should start by contacting the airline and making a claim.

mindermummy Thu 14-Feb-13 14:43:48

Hi. I have seen Martin lewis on morning tv saying u can claim back on delayed or canceled flights. In 2008 we had a flight cancelled and taken to another airport to get a plane , I think in all it was 10 hours later than out booked flight. On return I did write to the company and got no where...but now with the new eu rules come in...I'm wondering if I could get somewhere with this?!?
I do have the flight number....but no evidence at all that we were booked on it. Are the companies that can help?! How do I go forward with this?! And have I got any chance with no paperwork etc ,!?!? Any advice would be great, thanks.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now