Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

parental responsibilty for stepdad

(4 Posts)
sweetshopgirl Mon 11-Feb-13 09:51:10

Hello everyone.newbie.here with a quick(?) question.
The father of my two boys left nearly five years ago and sees.them once a.month by taking them to his.mums.house the boys do not know where he lives although it is.not at his mums as he has a.new.partner who has children who he lives with.
I re married two years ago and my husband wouldlike to have pr granted legally. We have seen the forms online and know.we can take them to the family court but are there fees we would have to pay if we were doing it ourselves not through solicitors? Thanks

Collaborate Mon 11-Feb-13 09:53:45

The court fee is £200. there is no charge (I think) where you do it by agreement, but if the father won't agree then it's off to court.

sweetshopgirl Mon 11-Feb-13 11:21:53

What if you can't contact the father? He just picks them up and won't talk to me? A lot of the time he doesn't even bother and goes.for.months without contact.

Collaborate Mon 11-Feb-13 11:34:13

But you can contact him. You see him when he sees the children.

If he won't talk to you then you'll have to apply to court.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now